This is gonna be a short post.
I was thinking of posting this on Instagram, but it seems too long to include my short reviews as well. So, if you came from my instagram page, here are the full details on my top 6 holy grail beauty products.
(left to right: Joe Fresh Mousse Blush in Rose || Milani Baked Blush in Bellarosa || Dollywink Brow Tint in Dark Cocoa || Heroine Make Long & Curl Waterproof Mascara )
(Top to Bottom: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes pencil eyeliner in 2L Pearly Brown || Happy Skin Eye Love Brow 2-in-1 brow pen and pencil)
I swear by these 6 products!
I call them desert island in reference to a beauty tag, it’s a tag wherein you have to pick a small number of beauty products that you would take with you if you’re stuck in a desert. It doesn’t make sense to want makeup if you’re stranded in a desert, but let’s not take it too seriously, yeah?
Moving on! I reach for these products everyday, especially when I only have a few minutes to do my makeup, or a really busy day.
Here’s a rundown and mini reviews on the products I have up there:
- Most days I layer the Joe Fresh mousse blush and the Milani baked blush in Bellarosa. If I’m in a terrible rush like I was today, I just use the Milani blush.
- Brows are an absolute must and this 2-in-1 brow pen from Happy Skin is amazing! I find the liquid brow pen a tad too light and yellow for me, but the pencil is the perfect ashy brown shade for me. The hardness of the pencil is good too. It’s not too soft that you end up overdrawing your brows, but it’s soft enough that it makes drawing your brows effortless.
- I always always finish off my brows with the Dollywink brow tint in dark cocoa. My brows are not complete without this product! ❤️ It lightens my brow hair so it pops against the pencil, the end result makes it look like I drew my brows strand by strand. I’ve tried Mac brow set, but I think this is better and more pigmented. The best part? It’s about half the price of the Mac brow set.
- Most mascaras cannot hold the curl of my lashes, but this Long & curl mascara from Heroine Make is one of those rare few that does the job for me. Amazeballs!
- Last but not the least, Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes pencil liner. Doesn’t smudge or budge once it sets. This is really creamy and pigmented, so it’s a breeze to line your eyes with this.
All of these products are long lasting as well. I have long work hours (around 10 to 12 hours/day) and I rarely feel the need to retouch my makeup.
I didn’t include any lip product because in the rare cases that I only have 5 minutes to do my makeup, it also means I’m so busy I can’t be bothered to think about lipstick, much less retouch when I need to. On the other, whenever I do my makeup, my look is usually based on what would look good with my lipstick choice. But that is a topic for another post. 😉
So that’s it for my desert island beauty picks.
Let me know if you want to see my picks for nails, lip products and skincare too. ❤
disclaimer: all products are mine and bought with my own money unless indicated otherwise. All reviews and opinions are my own.
1. Joe Fresh Mousse Blush – bought in Real Superstore Canada (8.00 CAD)
2. Milani Baked Blush – bought this on a blog sale but you can get one from Stuff In Style for P400.00
3. Dolly Wink Brow Tint – bought mine in HK for HKD 70.00 but I think you can get this from Taste Central, select SM Department stores as well as Pure Beauty stores. You can also follow them on instagram for more details. (@dollywinkphilippines)
4. Heroine Make Long & Curl mascara – again, got this in HK last Januaray for HKD 55.00 at Bonjour, but if you’re not making a trip to HK anytime soon, you can also get this at Watsons. It’s P595.00 here. (@heroinemakeph)
5. Make Up For Ever Eyeliner – I got this as a gift so I’m not sure how much it is. You can get MUFE products in their stores (SM Mega Fashion Hall and SM Aura Premier) (@makeupforeverphilippines)
6. Happy Skin Eye Love Brow 2-in-1 pen – You can get Happy Skin products online on their site or their booths in Plains & Prints stores, Beauty Bar & Rustan’s.